Saturday, November 29, 2014

Shadowed Love(Chapter 4)- The Answer

SHADOWED LOVE
Chapter 4- The Answer



“Sumit, well, I don’t love you. I respect you and your love for me and all the small good things you have done for me but I’m not into this love shit and all, you know that. I would suggest that lets stay as friends only.” Was the answer given by Shalini.

“Well I had presumed your answer would be somewhat like this so I had buried my expectations so that I couldn’t hurt myself. But yeah I am glad that you stood up and told me the truth because yesterday going back to home form your house I realised that you were never into love, it was just me who wanted to be around you and love you from inside but don’t worry I reckon it won’t destroy our friendship.” Sumit said with a warm smile on his face.

He continued “That’s the reason I had accepted my visit to Mumbai for my band’s audition. Now I can go to Mumbai without any doubt about the things between us. But please let’s just not tell it to anybody because I don’t know about other but Devika would surely pull your leg a lot. She is really jealous of you.”

“Well congratulations on your Mumbai visit and all the very best for your audition. And yeah it won’t harm our friendship even a little. And I know about Devika, she is slightly jealous but that’s because she wants to be the centre of attention for all the boys.” Shalini said.

“Thanks a lot” Sumit responded.

In the meantime Shaurya and Shivani came running with wide grins on their faces and shine in their eyes. Shaurya was the college toper and one of the member of her gang, while, Shivani was her friend who was sensible and witty and yeah her gang member.

“There you are you two.” Shaurya said while trying to control his breath.

“What happened? You two seem to be very happy and quite exhausted. Why are you in such a hurry? What happened?” asked Shalini.

“We wanted to share great news with every one of you. Shaurya yesterday proposed me and I… I said YES!!!” Shivani said with excitement.

“Isn’t it amazing? Finally we have a couple in our group. Yaay!” Shaurya said.

“Well congratulations to you both and I am really very happy for you both.” Shalini said with a comforting smile.

“Congrats buddy! And don’t forget my treat. It should be a huge one.” Sumit said.

“Thanks a lot both of you. And yeah bro, treat is for sure to everybody.” Shaurya said.

“Ok, I will be catching you guys later. Have to do some practice for the auditions.” Sumit said.

“So you finally accepted their request for audition? That’s great man. All the best and nail them.” Shaurya said.

“Thanks bro. Bye” Sumit said and left.

“Well Shaurya come let’s go, we have to tell it to everybody else also. The others.” Shivani said.

“Well Shivani you go. I have to talk to Shalini about something. I will be there in ten minutes my dear.” Shaurya said and leaned and gave a peck on her cheeks.

Shivani started to blush and nodded and went.

Shaurya and Shivani were perfect for each other as couple. Both were understanding, sensible and intelligent who helped everybody.

Watching their love blooming made Shalini realise that sometimes being strong is not the only thing you need in life, this time she wanted to be loved, to be cared, to be hugged by someone whom she could call just hers. Shalini started to have a double thought about her decision she made about Sumit. But it was soon interrupted by Shaurya.

“Shalini, I know about the blank calls you have been getting past two to three days.
And I know you won’t tell it to your grandparents or someone elder. But I thought that maybe you should try changing your number. Yesterday after I proposed Shivani, we were discussing about how to tell everybody and the discussion went about you after your name. Look you are our friend and I shouldn’t say this but may be according to me it could be Devika. Like she is so much jealous of you and you know she is the best friend of Anjali who can afford a private number. I am not blaming her but please try to confront her and do something for you.” Shaurya said with concern for his friend.

“Well Shaurya, Why would Devika do anything such like this to harm me? Even if she is jealous of me, she is my friend after all but your point makes sense. I will try to talk to her in an indirect manner.” Shalini said.

She thanked Shaurya and went to confront Devika if she was the one or if she knew anything about the calls. Both of them went to their respective ways.

“Devika, I wanted to talk to about something.” Shalini said.

To which Devika nodded and asked ”What is it Shalini?”

“Devika, well I just wanted to ask you that do you know anything about the blank caller?”

Shalini didn’t want to tell everybody that the caller said that they won’t come back till the time arises. She just wanted to finish this tension for once and for all. She wanted to uproot every minute possibility so she even accepted Shaurya suggestion and confronted but had she not done it, she must have had not find out about it.


Devika was now slightly out of her ease, because of Shalini’s question. She took a deep breath. In her mind she knew that one day she would have to tell Shalini about it. But she was bound between two friends. Devika was now confused to say the truth she knows or make a false commitment to save a friend but choosing any path would save one friend and hurt the other one. Many different thoughts were circling her mind like a hurricane and all of her cards were now stormed out. She was totally perplexed whether to say the truth or keep hiding it just like she had been doing it past three months.

7 comments:

  1. Good suspense buildup...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Just wait, I got more to amaze you all guys. ;) :)

      Delete
  2. my beloved Hriday or my heart
    i like the way u write do u think u can come for a date with me.
    with love
    your secret admirer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Thanks :) and I am glad you like the way I write. :)

      Delete
  3. well , is the word which i found all around
    You write well. But, this repetition of 'well' is irritating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok. Thanks for this suggestion. I will try not to use the word 'well' much now. :)

      Delete
  4. Story is nice.The sentances could be framed in a better way .keep up with your good work and do improve your writing skills .

    ReplyDelete