Saturday, December 6, 2014

Shadowed Love(Chapter 6)- The Talk

SHADOWED LOVE
Chapter 6- The Talk 


Shalini was afraid of picking up the call yet she wanted to know what he might have to say this time. She summoned some guts and then picked the bloody phone up. She was totally confused and unknown of the fact, what the caller had to speak and talk about this time around.

“Hello, why are you still calling me again and again? What is it you want from me?” Shalini questioned.

There was a long pause. Shalini was waiting for the caller to speak. She wanted him to speak something. She was fed up now with all the games he had been playing. If he was not going to speak anything Shalini was determined to cut the call and so did she do.

The caller called again and this time Shalini was angry, she was furious to know everything, desperate to end the game and just bring herself back to normal. She picked it up and just after she did, she said “If you wish to speak anything, then, just say it otherwise I have my ways to deal with you nincompoop and moron. You have brought out the hell out of me by all of your games and now it’s going too far with you just enjoying watching me go through hell.”

To her surprise the caller spoke. But if he would not have spoken anything, the pain and anger must have not been increased for Shalini.

“Shalini, do you remember what date today is! It’s 16 of December and today I want to confess something. Something which has brought all the changes in me, changes about which you are still unaware of. I know it’s hurtful to you to live this way, alone and in a state of orphaned. Shalini, I am no villain of your life trying to enjoy watching you in bad situations and bring out the fun for me. I am just a puppet of time and life created by my own mistakes, umm... Not mistakes I shall say just one mistake. THAT ONE BIG HUGE MISTAKE. I am sorry Shalini for everything I have brought in your life. But, trust me; I am doing all this just to make up for my mistakes.” The caller spoke.

Shalini was now in despair. The date reminded her of her parents. This was the date when her parents had died in that car accident. Surely, she felt a vibe of sorrow and sadness flowing through her. Her skin was now cold and her heart was heavy with all the memories of past and moreover they started to haunt her, started to bring her down again. She tried not to sob but she couldn’t control and a  drop of tear fell down her right cheek. She was trying to conceal her negative emotions into the lock which was now open because of this idiot and she listened to him in confusion about how the hell could he know about her so much, so deep and so well.

“I want to confess that three years back that accident, in which your parents died, happened because of me. Shalini, I know you don’t know me. Well it’s better for you not to know my name as you know me as a very good friend which I have already told you before. All this I am doing is for your safety. I want to keep you safe. I am trying to amend my mistake by taking care of the one for whom they lived. That day I was driving very rough because I had a race to finish but I hit them by mistake. Please trust me, it was purely a mistake and I reckon I have had enough after that in my life to balance for the pain I got to watch a couple die just because of me. Shalini I know I am not worthy for any excuse or any apologize but all I want and am trying is to keep you safe and happy. Please understand me.” The caller said.

Shalini could sense his voice was deep and it seemed he was sobbing. She was angry on him, obviously she was. But she could understand him as what happened has been done; now she could do nothing to bring back what she had lost. She wanted to know everything about this guy, this man was completely now mysterious because he was trying to protect her and trying to keep her happy but just because of this moron, she had lost her most valuable asset of life.

“Umm… I can understand you but how will I be able to forgive you for what you have done, because of which I am going through many things which only someone like me can understand. I don’t know how to react to this confession but at least I want to know your name if you’re my so good friend then show yourself, stop being a shadow, stop being a coward and show yourself. I won’t tell any elder for sure about what you have done that day, I will think it of as an accident and try to move on but at least confront me and have the guts to say on face.” Shalini said with tears in her eyes.

“I know you are searching for me day and night, and you are so much tensed and desperate to know who I am. But, sorry I can’t show myself to you. It’s not the time yet to show and face you. I know I am shadowed right now, but everything I am doing is for your own safety. I am happy for the decisions you made yesterday regarding Sumit and how your friendship has progressed with Devika. I am glad about every change you have brought in yourself; you are now independent and strong. But I am really sorry for the pathetic thing I have done. I can’t stop cursing myself for this. I have punished myself a lot in many ways for that thing.” The caller said.

“Hmm… please stop being sorry because it digs down the pain I am trying to bury. And just one more thing, I can take care of myself so stop calling me, this makes me feel like killing you and by what you have told me just few moments back, you can reckon the amount of hatred I have for you at this present.” Shalini said.


“Ok. I can understand your situation, but there is something more I want to say. It’s regarding your friends. Just beware of someone called.........

No comments:

Post a Comment