Friday, January 2, 2015

Dead Poet’s Silent Words

Dead Poet’s Silent Words




This is a story for all those who have experienced pain of solitude, who do not believe in love, and pain by death of their dear ones. This story features a poet called Nikhil and his girlfriend by name Simar and their story.


Nikhil was ready to go for his big day, a day which could bring a lot of changes in his life. He was delighted and very confident that this was his day; no one other could snatch it from him. So happy was his living in girlfriend Simar, they both believed that this could be a moment which could change their life forever and bring some happiness which waited for their gates to knock.

“All the best Nikhil, it is big day for you. May all the angels have their blessings with us and you may rock the show my sweetheart.” Simar said and gave Nikhil a peck on his cheeks.

“Thanks princess! I needed this.” Nikhil said with a smile and a little blush over his cheeks.

Nikhil was a poet and after a long time he was going to the publisher’s office to take his work and publish it, if the publishers liked it. He was all set and went to publishing house. But, before reaching the publisher’s office, he had met with an accident and died.

A month later after Simar had recovered from the shock she got the day Nikhil died; she read a book which was kept under her main door in the morning. The book had all the poems Nikhil was going to publish, but he didn’t even reach there as the publication house called Simar and asked her why Nikhil didn’t show up for his meeting.

Simar was confused about it. But just then she got a call from Sharman, who was a mutual and a very close friend of Nikhil. Sharman told that before going to the publication house, Nikhil came to his house and showed him all the work he was going to publish and since then he had a copy of his poems. Sharman told her that he published for him under Nikhil’s name for his dearest friend.

Simar checked the name of the writer and really it was Nikhil. Sharman also told her that Nikhil was a keeper; he used to keep some secrets even from you, to which Simar was shocked. Simar reckoned that Nikhil might be having some more secrets which she tried to unwrap by going through his work. Simar checked and read all of Nikhil’s work. To her surprise she came along something, something which she didn’t know about. It was a letter, a letter which was for her written by him long before his death, and the letter read:

Dear Simar,

This letter is something you will only find after I am dead. Actually this letter you are reading is just for your own benefit. I thought you will go through my work someday or the other after I will die and today is that day. Well Simar, along with this letter I am going to tell you that I love you from my whole heart. Every day I lived I wanted to you happy, make you proud of me and bring a on your lovely face. I wanted that you get all the happiness of this world and tried that I could get that to you. I wanted to fulfil all your desires and all your wishes you do. So I had been keeping a secret hidden from you, the only secret which now will be known by you. and the secret is that I had kept some of my favourite work and creations, my short stories and poems which I never told you or anybody else, never showed anybody else, just to protect you and help you even after I am dead. Princess, you can do anything with this work, you can publish them and make some money, you can enjoy them and do whatever you like. I just wanted to make you happy and proud of me. I am sorry that I kept this thing hidden from you but all I wanted was to protect you and keep you safe from every problem I could face.

Only yours
Nikhil


Simar was sobbing while reading the letter and her heart was full of love for someone who even loved her after his afterlife. She was very proud of him. She never expected this gift from him. She never wanted money from him, as she truly loved him but Nikhil knew the fact that Simar wasn’t a working girl and for her safety, he did all he could.



I hope you the reading one, loved this short story and will share it with your friends and family, and do love the people around you, as love is one of its kind feeling in this whole world which unites all the beings together by an unknowing and unspoken but felt bond.

No comments:

Post a Comment